Check out my rundown of the 2010 Senate races here

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Romney Wins Wyoming - Who Cares?

Yeah...I bet you didn't even know Wyoming had its caucuses today. Honestly, I forgot, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Wyoming has a population of exactly five people.

The least populous state in the country has twelve national delegates at stake and has no impact at all on the Republican race as a whole (the Democratic caucuses will take place on March 3rd).

This is after they pushed their primary ahead of February 5th without the approval of the Republican Party, and got stripped of half of its national delegates.

Today, Mitt Romney took in 67% and eight delegates, Fred Thompson had 25% and three delegates, and Duncan Hunter--the long-shot--finished with 8% and one delegate.

It is thought that the Mormons, representing 10% of the state, helped him win. He also paid the most attention to this state, which was one visit and few pamphlets in the mail.

Is this a big win for Romney? Absolutely not.

Will he use this is speeches in New Hampshire in the hope that he can be seen as electable and try to slow the bleeding in his doomed campaign? Absolutely.

1 comment:

Keith "Nurse Keith" Carlson, RN, BSN, NC-BC said...

I sure hope Romney bites the dust after New Hampshire. He rubs me the wrong way.

As for Wyoming, I hope you have not offended, although I understand your feelings of its relative unimportance.....